I don’t know if you guys realized this, but nursery rhymes are pretty morbid.
- Jack and Jill both fell down the hill; Jack cracked his head "Jack fell down and broke his crown"
- Humpty Dumpty fell off the wall, and because he was an egg he couldn’t be put back together and so he died
- London Bridge fell down
- Ring around the Rosie is about the Black Plague
- Fee, Fie, Foe, Fum, I drank the blood of an Englishman.
- Rock a-bye baby, on the tree top/when the wind blows, the cradle will rock/when the bough breaks, the cradle will fall/and down will come baby, cradle and all